Monday, March 19, 2012

How the mind tricks your eyes

Today, I received a search for a book with the call number PR9369.3.C58 Z65 2004, so I check the book’s statistics and saw it was recently checked in…weird right? I go upstairs going crazy looking for it in what I thought was the right call number range. However, what I thought was the right call number range, was really PR9639.3… So I continue looking and sure enough, the book was right where it was supposed to be shelved. At least I have the comfort of knowing that a fellow staff member and a few students couldn’t find it either probably because of the same mistake I made.

Case in point, your mind plays tricks on you especially when there are as many PR9639.3 as PR9369.3 books and if you are suffering from caffeine withdrawal as I was at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment